- Medical publications
- Critical appraisal skills – medical statistics
- Medical Education & Training
I currently write under the pseudonym of Dr Daisy Mae, and these publications are in my professional medical name of Dr Deborah J Lee.
- Deborah J. Lee. Interview Memoirs. GP Magazine; 1987
- Deborah Lee. A Day in the Life. Sunday Times Magazine; 1988
- Deborah Lee. Second Thoughts. National Childbirth Trust Magazine; 1991
- Lee, D.J. What constitutes ‘unprotected sex’?J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 2003;29(1): 39. Available here
- Lee DJ. Family Planning Training for the Primary Care Team: Reversing the Trends of Sexual Ill-health. BJGP 2004; 152-153. Available here
- Lee DJ. Implanon training: getting things straight? Trends Urol Gynaecol Sex Health 2004; 9(5):7–8.
- Lee DJ. Sex on the Rates: Memoirs of a Family Planning Doctor. BMJ 2004; 328 Available here (Published 17 June 2004) Cite this as: BMJ 2004; 328:1504
- I have also reviewed other books, including This Year in Gynaecology 2003 for Oxford Medical Press, a book for Family Doctor Publications, and a paper for the “10 minute consultation” section of the BMJ in 2006.
- Stammers T, Guthrie K, Gilberthorpe J, Lee DJ. Clinical Dilemma: carrying out an abortion in a teenager without parental consent. Hospital Doctor. 8th July 2004; 22.
- Deborah J. Lee, Kerrie Ewer. Implanon and Alopecia. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 2006;32(4): 255. Available here
- Lee DJ. Training to insert an IUD/ IUS. Trends Urol Gynaecol Sex Health 2005;10(6):32-4.
- Lee D, Ewer K, Vaughan A, Linnard C. Meeting demand for comprehensive sexual health needs: the experience within a primary care setting in the UK. Short communication presented to The European Society of Contraception, May 2006 Istanbul. Eur J Contracept Reprod Health Care. 2006;11(Suppl 1): 50 – 51
- Deborah J Lee. Training to fit intrauterine devices / intrauterine systems for general practitioners: is there an alternative method of service delivery? J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care2007;33(3): 205-7. Available here
- Deborah J Lee. Cerazette and HRT. J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 2007;33(3): 222. Available here
- Lee DJ, Hillard AJ, Hillard TC. Setting and maintaining standards in menopause care: audit of current practice in a specialist clinic. Menopause Int. 2011 Jun;17(2):55-8. Available here
- My poster of this audit won first prize at the BMS meeting 2007.
- Deborah J Lee Hormonal contraception: new developments and future prospects. Trends Urol Gynaecol Sex Health 2008: 13(4):6-9 Available here
- Deborah J Lee. Hormonal contraception: new developments and future prospects. Trends Urol Gynaecol Sex Health 2008: 13(4):6-9 Available here
- Deborah J Lee, Training to insert intrauterine devices. Trends Urol Gynaecol Sex Health 2009;14(6): 24 – 28 Available here
- Deborah J Lee. Training to Insert Implanon Trends Urol Gynaecol Sex Health 2010;15(1): 12-16. Available here
- Sub-editor for the Journal of Urology, Gynaecology & Sexual Health 2004-2010
Critical Appraisal Skills – Medical Statistics
- Trainer – Faculty (FSRH) Accredited
- Examiner -for the Faculty of Sexual & Reproductive Healthcare 2001-2006, then 2010-2012
Trained in critical appraisal and understanding medical statistics. I have been Shadow Convenor of the Critical Reading Team, setting and marking the Critical Reading Questions for the membership examination.
Medical Education & Training
- Lead for Education & Training at Salisbury Contraception & Sexual Health Service, Salisbury Hospital, Wiltshire, 2004 – 2014 & Training Programme Director for Wiltshire in Sexual & Reproductive Health.